Learn more about the glazes in the CCC studio, and what you can do with them. This class is for the ceramics artist who is ready to find another way to express creativity on their form. Using the 15 studio glazes already available, this class will introduce the technique and basics of:
- making test tiles
- exploring color differences by dipping, brushing, spraying
- extending color values by brushing over and under other glazes
- using wax resist to decorate and establish patterns
- creating special effects by over-lapping glazes
- getting to know the purpose and effects of washes with glazes
This class is meant for current CCC ceramic students and open studio users who work regularly in the ceramics studio. Come to the class with ready with bisque fired test tiles and forms you are willing to experiment with.
Contact the office if you have any questions about the class or enrollment.
COURSE FEE: $75
INSTRUCTOR: Jon Conchuratt
Fridays, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM | 4/7 – 4/28